Emerging Integration and Automation Trends You Should Know
If you're in IT, then you know that integration and automation are essential pieces to your IT Service Management (ITSM) strategy and keeping everything running smoothly. But what are the latest trends when it comes to ITSM and integration and automation with iPaaS (integration platform as a service)? In this blog post, we'll fill you in on some of the newest iPaaS integration and automation trends so you can stay ahead of the curve.
The Rise of iPaaS and its Impact on IT Service Management
The growing interest in combining integration and automation through iPaaS with ITSM has had a positive effect on reducing IT resource drain – especially as ticket volumes and requests for services continue to grow.
iPaaS makes it easy for IT teams to create integrations to multiple sources and build out automated workflows giving them the capability to manage processes faster and more efficiently than before. This can not only increase the speed of product development (by allowing your IT to work on new products vs spending time on password resets) which, in turn, allows businesses to stay ahead of their competitors in the constantly changing digital landscape. It also gives organizations control when connecting disparate systems and provides real-time visibility across internal operations, streamlining processes and ensuring seamless operations.
Ultimately, because of its adaptability and flexibility, iPaaS solutions can enable IT teams to capitalize on automation in order to drive better customer service, increase productivity levels and maintain a competitive edge.
iPaaS can help IT departments in many ways – from reducing resource drain to streamlining processes for better efficiency.
When you have an orchestrated combination of automation and well-integrated processes within the IT department organizations can save time, finances and energy while increasing scalability and flexibility.
Automating routine tasks can streamline processes, reduce manual errors and provide data accuracy while enabling better customer service and higher satisfaction levels. Additionally, employing application integration can drive innovation by connecting various applications which are scattered across the IT landscape, leading to enhanced productivity and better transparency.
The Benefits of Using iPaaS for your Business
Supercharging your IT Service Management with iPaaS can be very beneficial. When you add an integration and automation layer to your existing ITSM you can enhance the automation you already have in place and streamline IT overhead tasks, reduce manual maintenance needs and better optimize your business resources.
When you combine your ITSM with iPaaS, you can gain a competitive edge while staying on top of the always-growing list of IT initiatives. TeamDynamix offers ITSM, iPaaS and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) all together on one codeless platform – giving you visibility into all of the work and projects being done throughout your entire organization, along with better security and governance over integration and the ability to automate repetitive tasks to save on time and resource drain.
With TeamDynamix iPaaS you can centralize all integrations into one hub with a library of connectors to common systems such as Workday, Oracle, Salesforce, the Active Directory, Azure, and hundreds more, as well as any APIs.
With all systems connected and data points now secured in one spot, end-users can leverage the platform to move data, transform data and build out automation and workflows using a visual flow builder (that’s drag-and-drop) that can be triggered from a field change, form fill or any number of actions.
Combined with TeamDynamix ITSM and PPM, organizations are finding success in automating tasks that bog down their IT service desk.
These types of repetitive tasks often take up time and negatively impact the morale of IT teams – especially those working the IT service desk. A recent study from InformationWeek found that:
- 58% of organizations say their IT team spends more than five hours per week (six-and-a-half work weeks annually) fulfilling repetitive requests from the business.
- 90% of respondents say that manual and repetitive IT tasks contribute to low morale and attrition in their organizations.
When asked to rank the types of tasks respondents found to be time-wasting and to contribute the most to poor morale they listed password resets, IT ticket cleanup, onboarding/offboarding employees, managing credentials and software provisioning – all tasks that can be automated through iPaaS.
5 Emerging Trends in Integration and Automation you Should Know About
Integrating and automating IT has become increasingly important as digital transformation initiatives continue to grow in popularity. With iPaaS helping to revolutionize service management, IT practitioners should consider these five emerging trends to stay effective, competitive and up-to-date:
- Increased adoption of iPaaS: With the rise of cloud-based applications, there is a growing need for efficient and reliable integration between different systems. iPaaS provides a platform for businesses to connect their cloud-based applications and automate their workflows. As a result, more organizations are adopting iPaaS as a means of achieving operational efficiency.
- AI-driven automation: As AI and machine learning technologies continue to advance, there is an increasing trend toward using these technologies to automate ITSM processes. For example, AI-powered chatbots can be used to automate IT service desk interactions, freeing up IT staff to focus on more complex tasks.
- Low-code and no-code integration: Low-code and no-code iPaaS platforms are becoming increasingly popular, as they allow organizations to create integrations without the need for extensive coding expertise. This trend is driven by the need for faster and more agile integration processes.
- Self-service ITSM: Self-service portals are becoming more common, allowing end-users to perform basic IT tasks without the need for IT support. These portals can be integrated with iPaaS platforms to automate tasks such as software deployment and configuration or password resets.
- Integration with IoT devices: As the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow, there is a growing need to integrate IoT devices with ITSM processes. iPaaS platforms can be used to automate the collection and analysis of data from IoT devices, enabling businesses to optimize their operations and improve their customer experiences.
In conclusion, the rise of iPaaS has made IT Service Management more efficient. With its robust integration and automation capabilities, businesses can streamline their processes easily and take advantage of a plethora of benefits. The five emerging trends discussed in this article are an essential roadmap for businesses looking to reap the rewards of iPaaS. Whether you're working with cloud-based environments, dealing with multi-step processes, or better managing data across systems, the implementation of iPaaS can offer significant value to your business.
To learn more about trends in ITSM and iPaaS check out the latest market study from InformationWeek: State of IT – Resource Drain.