As businesses become increasingly reliant on technology to streamline their processes, it's important for IT teams to have the right tools at their disposal to ensure that they can meet the needs of their organization. One of the ways to achieve this is by having IT Service Management (ITSM), Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) all on a single platform. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Improved collaboration and communication - When ITSM, PPM and iPaaS are all on a single platform, it's easier for teams to collaborate and communicate effectively. With all the tools in one place, everyone can access the same information and work together more efficiently. This can lead to faster decision-making and more effective problem-solving.
- Streamlined processes - Having ITSM, PPM and iPaaS on a single platform can also help streamline processes. IT teams can create workflows that automatically trigger tasks for project-based events, for example. And departments outside of IT (if employing an Enterprise Service Management approach to service delivery) can utilize integration and automation for processes like onboarding employees and more. This reduces the amount of manual work that needs to be done and helps ensure that nothing falls through the cracks both in IT and other departments – all utilizing the same codeless platform.
- Better visibility and control - When all IT functions are consolidated on one platform, it's easier to get a comprehensive view of the organization's technology landscape. IT leaders can see all of the projects, tasks, tickets and resources in use at any given time and can adjust as needed to improve performance. This increased visibility and control can also help teams identify areas for improvement and optimize their workflows.
- Reduced costs and complexity - Using a single platform for ITSM, PPM and iPaaS can also help reduce costs and complexity. Rather than purchasing and maintaining separate tools, and building homegrown automations between everything, IT teams can use one platform that covers all of their needs. This can reduce the time and resources required to manage multiple tools, as well as the costs associated with purchasing and maintaining them. With everyone on one platform, you have a lower total cost of ownership.
- Enhanced security and compliance - Finally, having ITSM, PPM and iPaaS on a single platform can help enhance security and compliance. IT teams can create policies and procedures that apply to all IT functions, ensuring that data is protected and regulatory requirements are met. This can be especially important for businesses in regulated industries, where compliance is critical.
Saving Time and Improving Processes
At Pima County, they’ve taken a single-platform approach to service management and delivery.
“TeamDynamix is a place where we are really trying to kickstart and accelerate the ideology that automation with the right tools can bring value not just to IT, but to other departments within our organization,” said Mark Hayes, information technology leader, “We’re starting in IT so that they can see the possibilities as we move forward with our digital transformation and expand outside of IT.”
Pima County made the switch to TeamDynamix after using a different system for the last 10 years. Traditionally, the county has taken in tickets through email, phone and a service catalog with base-level triage, but with TeamDynamix in place, they will be able to leverage self-service and automation to serve its citizens better and reduce the drain on employees and resources.
One process automation, in particular, that’s saving significant time is onboarding and offboarding employees – something every organization deals with.
“You don’t need to waste so much time when it comes to onboarding,” Hayes said. “It really is such a sour experience for a new hire to come in, in this day and age, and sit around for three days waiting on their computer to show up. We need to get out of that mode and iPaaS will help us do that.”
And when it comes to offboarding Hayes said, “As a government organization we get audited by the state every year and they want to know what these stale accounts are doing sitting here. Offboarding is currently a very manual process – having to review the list from HR of people who are no longer employed with us and manually revoke their privileges from all the different systems and software and disable their accounts. There’s absolutely no reason for that to not be automated.”
Consolidating ITSM, PPM and iPaaS on a single platform can bring a host of benefits to organizations of all sizes. From improved collaboration and communication to enhanced security and compliance, a unified, codeless platform can help IT teams work more efficiently and effectively while reducing costs and complexity.
Want to learn more about the benefits of bringing ITSM and PPM together with iPaaS? Check out: